AC Maintenance in Palm Desert, La Quinta, Rancho Mirage, CA, and Surrounding Areas
AC Maintenance in Palm Desert, La Quinta, Rancho Mirage, Bermuda Dunes, Cathedral City, Palm Springs, Indio, Indian Wells, CA, and Surrounding Areas.
Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance: Protect your Investment!
- Change your air filters every 90 days, what is indicated on filters, or the frequency suggested by our technician.
- Sign up for a Maintenance Plan and ensure maintenance is performed each spring and fall. Preseason prevention can help lessen future costly repairs when you rely most on the comfort provided by your system.
- Ask our technician for additional information to help your home be comfortable for years and years to come.
HVAC equipment may lose efficiency over time if not appropriately maintained. Routine maintenance can play a big part in maximizing the longevity and maintaining the energy-efficient performance of your equipment. It’s as important as going to the dentist! Take care of what’s important, and it should take care of you.
An air conditioner’s filters, coils, and fins require regular maintenance for the unit to function effectively and efficiently throughout its years of service. Neglecting necessary maintenance ensures a steady decline in air conditioning performance while energy use steadily increases.
Air Conditioner Filters
The most important maintenance task that will ensure the efficiency of your air conditioner is to routinely replace or clean its filters. Clogged, dirty filters block normal airflow and reduce a system’s efficiency significantly. With normal airflow obstructed, air that bypasses the filter may carry dirt directly into the evaporator coil and impair the coil’s heat-absorbing capacity. Replacing a dirty, clogged filter with a clean one can lower your air conditioner’s energy consumption by 5% to 15%.
For central air conditioners, filters are generally located somewhere along the return duct’s length. Common filter locations are in walls, ceilings, furnaces, or in the air conditioner itself. Room air conditioners have a filter mounted in the grill that faces into the room.
Some types of filters are reusable; others must be replaced. They are available in a variety of types and efficiencies. Clean or replace your air conditioning system’s filter or filters every month or two during the cooling season. Filters may need more frequent attention if the air conditioner is in constant use, is subjected to dusty conditions, or you have fur-bearing pets in the house.
Air Conditioner Coils
The air conditioner’s evaporator coil and condenser coil collect dirt over their months and years of service. A clean filter prevents the evaporator coil from soiling quickly. In time, however, the evaporator coil will still collect dirt. This dirt reduces airflow and insulates the coil, reducing its ability to absorb heat. To avoid this problem, check your evaporator coil every year and clean it as necessary.
Outdoor condenser coils can also become very dirty if the outdoor environment is dusty or if there is foliage nearby. You can easily see the condenser coil and notice if dirt is collecting on its fins.
You should minimize dirt and debris near the condenser unit. Your dryer vents, falling leaves, and lawn mower are all potential sources of dirt and debris. Cleaning the area around the coil, removing any debris, and trimming foliage back at least 2 feet (0.6 meters) allow for adequate airflow around the condenser.
The aluminum fins on the evaporator and condenser coils are easily bent and can block airflow through the coil. Air conditioning wholesalers sell a tool called a “fin comb” that will comb these fins back into nearly original condition.
Occasionally pass a stiff wire through the unit’s drain channels. Clogged drain channels prevent a unit from reducing humidity, and the resulting excess moisture may discolor walls or carpet.
First Choice AC & Heating Inc Service Agreement & Rebates
ULTIMATE SERVICE AGREEMENT maintenance plans for only $120 per year.
ULTIMATE SERVICE AGREEMENT includes 2 precision tune-ups per year, one tune-up for the AC system, and one tune-up for the heating system. (The regular price is $79 for each tune-up).
- Savings On Your Utility Bills Studies have shown that regular maintenance may reduce utility costs by up to 20%.
- Save Money On Repairs Regular tune-ups prevent expensive emergency repairs, and if you ever need any repairs as a USA member you’ll receive a 15% discount on our regular rates. In addition, you receive our exclusive USA no Overtime Guarantee with means you’ll never pay overtime, regardless of time or day of repair.
- Exclusive, Long Term Guarantees On Repairs, Get Even Better Service USA members to receive our exclusive Five Year Guarantee on all Repairs, for both parts and labor.
- Get Even Better Service USA members to receive front of the line, priority service on repairs