AC Service in Palm Desert, La Quinta, Rancho Mirage, CA, and Surrounding Areas
AC Service in Palm Desert, La Quinta, Rancho Mirage, Bermuda Dunes, Cathedral City, Palm Springs, Indio, Indian Wells, CA, and Surrounding Areas.
Comfort and New Technology
When deciding between an air conditioning repair or replacement, homeowners should consider if their cooling needs are being addressed by their current unit. You may ask yourself:
- Is my air conditioner unit loud?
- Do I notice inconsistent temperatures and fluctuations in my home?
- Is the AC cooling my house as I expect it should?
- Why are my energy bills higher than my neighbor’s house with similar square footage?
Typically, the longer you plan to live in your house, the longer you have to recover the cost of a new high-efficiency air conditioning unit. When determining to repair or replace your current AC, homeowners should evaluate their anticipated length of homeownership by asking themselves the following questions:
- Are you living in your “forever home”?
- How long do you expect your current home to fit your lifestyle? (Getting married, having children, etc.)
- Would a job change force you to relocate?
- In how many years do you plan to sell your home?
- Will a new energy-efficient air condition help sell your home if necessary?
You’ve likely heard it’s ideal to have your air conditioner serviced annually. But, are you wondering if this holds true if your system is functioning just fine? Would an annual service call be necessary still?
While we here at First Choice AC & Heating Inc are not going to say skipping your next annual AC service will cause your unit to break down and leave you and your family sweaty and hot through the summer days, it can happen. We will also say neglecting annual maintenance calls will ensure a steady decline in your air conditioner’s performance which will steadily increase your energy use. And, as you’re probably well aware, a steady increase in energy use will cause a steady increase in your energy bill.
3 Reasons Why Air Conditioner Service In Palm Desert, CA is so Important
So, do we recommend you have your air conditioner serviced annually? Absolutely. And, here’s why:
1. Costs Less than Repairs
Regular service calls almost always cost less than repairs. Of course, we can’t guarantee your AC unit will break down if you decide to skip out on this year’s service call. But, if your AC system does malfunction, you can bet you’re going to pay more for that repair than you would have for the tune-up.
Annual service calls can’t stop all air conditioning issues from occurring. But, we’ve found, in our years of experience, most cooling issues could have been avoided by a yearly tune-up. During a service call, the HVAC professional can detect small issues and repair them before they turn into bigger issues.
2. Increases Efficiency and Reduces Cooling Costs
Each year you skip air conditioner service, you reduce your AC’s operating efficiency by 5%.
There are several reasons for this, including:
- Debris and dust collect on the coils over time which can build up and impede airflow, blocking heat transfer. This means your AC unit won’t be able to efficiently cool your home.
- The condensate drain requires checking for clogs. Clogs can impede your unit’s ability to control humidity and could cause water damage in your home in extreme cases.
- The blower components require periodic adjustment and cleaning, or they can lead to airflow issues, resulting in an efficiency loss.
- Motor parts require lubrication. When there isn’t sufficient lubrication, it can lead to friction, reducing operating efficiency.
Standard service procedures like these can increase the operating efficiency of your air conditioner, translating into up to 15% cooling cost savings.
3. Neglecting Routine Service Can Void the Warranty
Many new AC units come with a limited manufacturer warranty, however, many manufacturers require you to keep your air conditioner maintained. Warranty certificates from Trane, Comfortmaker, and Lennox, for instance, make this very clear. And if you don’t have an HVAC technician come to your home and service your air conditioner regularly, companies like these won’t offer replacement parts.
Are you ready to schedule your air conditioner service in Palm Desert, CA? Contact us at First Choice AC & Heating Inc to send out one of our licensed, professional HVAC technicians to come properly service your AC unit to avoid unwanted breakdowns. We provide in Palm Desert heating and air conditioning services and the surrounding areas.
AC Service – Servicing the Palm Desert, La Quinta, Rancho Mirage, CA, and Surrounding Areas.
Schedule AC Service @ (760) 989-2369 or Schedule Online today!