Air conditioners provide a refreshing escape from the summer heat. Setting the thermostat lower in the summer means higher utility bills. To avoid costly energy bills and a sudden malfunction of your AC system, it is highly suggested to get maintenance or air conditioning repair in Palm Desert before the summer begins.
- The best temperature settings when coming home.
The Department of Energy recommends keeping your thermostat at 26°C for comfort and savings this summer. Adjusting your air conditioning at this level will help keep you cool and avoid unusually high electricity bills.
- Ways to save on electricity bills while keeping my house cool.
Consider these factors when deciding what temperature to set your air conditioner in the summer. For reliable AC service in Palm Desert, you can contact our experts, who will guide you through the process.
- What is the outdoor temperature?
Consider the average outdoor temperature when deciding what temperature to set your thermostat. The smaller the difference between outside and indoor temperatures, the less energy your heating and cooling (HVAC) system uses.
- What is the best temperature to ensure moisture control at home?
Humid climates can leave your home too damp, exposing you and your home to the risk of mold and mildew. Luckily, running your air conditioner can help reduce humidity levels. Set the thermostat as high as your comfort level allows, provided it’s cool enough to maintain a healthy humidity level.
- What can other energy-saving tips help keep energy costs at a reasonable price?
Here are the four most effective tips to reduce your electricity bill while using your air conditioner:
- Install a ceiling fan in the living area of your home.
- Install a smart thermostat or other programmable thermostat. To quickly adjust your home’s temperature, do not set your air conditioner lower than normal.
- Consider investing in an Energy Star-certified air conditioner.
- Regular HVAC maintenance.
It might be difficult, but not impossible, to keep your house cool in the summer and warm in the winter while maintaining reasonably low utility costs. Palm Desert Heating and Air Conditioning are one of the best palm desert air conditioning companies that provide reliable service at an affordable price. Get in touch today!