Palm Desert Air Duct Services
Of all the air that circulates in an average home, 25 percent of it passes into the attic through supply duct leakage. This escaped air has already been filtered and treated by your heating or cooling system and you have already been charged for the energy used to do this. So, in effect, 25 percent of your heating or cooling costs are literally money out the window! But that’s just the beginning and it’s a great reason why you should call a professional Palm Desert Heating and Air Conditioning like First Choice AC & Heating Inc to help reduce your energy costs.
Air Duct Repair Services
Air duct problems can cause all kinds of problems with your air conditioning and heating system; therefore it is a good idea to have an annual maintenance check of your air duct system for any air duct repair needs.
Air Duct Balancing
Do you have one or more rooms colder than the rest? What about one or more rooms hotter than the rest? This is not only an uncomfortable problem but also an expensive and energy-wasting problem as you try and overcompensate at the thermostat to bring the lagging room to a comfortable level. Fortunately, there is a solution to this specific problem and that is air duct balancing.
Air balancing service performed by First Choice AC & Heating Inc is very important for proper air conditioning and heating system distribution. If your home’s temperature varies from room to room, you could have an air balancing issue.
There are some simple steps you can take to ensure your system is spreading the optimal temperature throughout the entire house. Begin by checking all of the registers in your house to make sure they are opened to the ideal position for the size of that room. Also, make sure all the registers are free of obstructions.
Balancing your air conditioning and heating system will make your home more comfortable and make the system run more efficiently, which means lower utility bills.
Air Duct Sealing
In houses with forced-air heating and air conditioning systems, throughout the house. In almost every home in California, around 30% of the air that moves through the air duct systems is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected and insulated air ducts. The result is higher utility bills and difficulty keeping a home or commercial office building comfortable, no matter how good of an air conditioning and heating system it has. Schedule AC Service Palm Desert and the surrounding areas.
Signs of Poor Air Duct Sealing:
- High summer and winter utility bills
- Rooms and offices that are difficult to heat and cool
- Stuffy rooms that never seem to feel comfortable
- Abnormal amounts of dust in your home or office
- Air conditioning vents are dirty
A heating and air conditioning air duct system that is properly sealed and insulated can make your home and office more comfortable, energy-efficient, and provide healthier air.
Making improvements to your air duct system can:
- Improve Comfort: Air duct sealing and insulating air conditioning ducts can help with common comfort problems, such as rooms that are too hot in the summertime and too cold in the wintertime.
- Improve Indoor Air Quality: Fumes from household and garden chemicals, attic insulation particles, and dust can enter your heating and air conditioning system, aggravating asthma and allergy problems. Sealing air conditioning and heating air ducts can help improve air quality by reducing the risk of pollutants entering the ductwork and circulating through your home or commercial property.
- Promote Safety: Promote safety during normal operation, gas appliances such as water heaters, clothes dryers, and heating furnaces release gases (like carbon monoxide) through their venting systems. Leaky ductwork in your heating and cooling system may cause “back-drafting,” where these gases are drawn back into the living space, rather than expelled to the outdoors. Sealing duct leaks can reduce the risk.
- Save Money: Leaky air conditioning and heating ducts can reduce heating and cooling system efficiency by as much as 25 percent. Properly sealing and insulating HVAC ducts increase the overall efficiency, lowers your electric bills, and most of the time can pay for itself in energy savings in a short time. Plus, if you’re planning to install new heating and cooling equipment, a well-designed and sealed ductwork system may allow you to downsize to a smaller, less costly heating and air conditioning system that will provide more comfort.